Friday, December 19, 2008

Online Shopping for the Apartment


Overstock. com is one of my overall favorite sites for quality of product, value with good prices, quick shipping, and a wide array of selection. In fact, I can spend hours perusing the goods. So when I decided that I need an area rug for my living room, naturally, I went to overstock.com after all the local stores failed to impress me. It is always a gamble to order fabrics and textiles online because the color hues might not be represented accurately, but I have yet to completely miss the mark. Until now. I found and fell in love with this Chutni hand-tufted wool rug, and ordered it in the blue. 

FYI, You can also find some really good coupons for overstock.com usually, it just depends on when you hit it- this is my favorite site. A good rule of thumb for buying anything online is to always google for coupons and online discount codes first! 

My rug arrived yesterday, and my heart sunk just a little bit as the FedEx man handed it over to me and I saw the first glimpses through the plastic wrap. The base was in fact a chocolate brown, not black. And the specks of hot pink were much more prominent that I had anticipated. It clashed- BAD. So this morning I wrestled it back into its packaging, and lugged all 50lbs of it down my stairs and into my car. Off to the post office we went. Sorry, beautiful rug, but we just weren't meant to be a match. 

Common sense says that the best way to not become gun-shy after a humiliating experience or venture gone-wrong, is to get back up and do it again. 

I'm thinking black and white now. 

3 comments:

  1. FYI - Overstock.com = large chain company. Was the polyester used in the rug sustainably harvested?

    ReplyDelete
  2. my designer's heart goes out to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww! thanks! :-) Its fun to actually feel cute again after 3 months of non-stop puking.

    As for the mid-drift...yeah! lol. I was worried Justin wouldn't like me posting the bare-belly ones...but then I remembered he was the one who posted pics all over facebook of me in my bikini from our honeymoon. lol!

    Love and miss you! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete