Thursday, December 18, 2008

The White Still of a Thursday

There is presently like 2 feet of snow on the ground which I had to plow my way through this morning to un-earth my car. I do not know what everyone else in my apartment building does when it snows because I didn't leave until 10am and I was the first one. I guess they hibernate. Despite the fact that it is cold, wet, and inconvenient, I love the peacefulness of a town covered in snow. It's almost like a deadly still. An eerie quiet that leaves nothing but time for contemplation of a life worth living. 

On another note, I hate large chain companies. Places like LesSchwab and Tires-O-Rama = money-guzzling corporations that are out to make mega profit, with no regard to quality of service or customer value. It's fine. I'll die this winter when I lose control of my car that doesn't have snow tires... Because I'm not paying you $900 to put them on! 

I bought a spice rack today. You know, the chrome and black kind that spins around. Of course, it contained the spices like rosemary and oregano that I had already bought separately. Frustrating. My only question is, what do you do with caraway seed? 

The Twilight Series. Why are adults and kids alike from all different walks of life, religion, and interest so enthralled by these juvenile fiction books? The question burned within me until I had to find the answer for myself. I'm not usually one for jumping on the band wagon of popular media and books; I like to find the hidden gems - it's partially the satisfaction that can be attributed to being different and partly the thrill of the hunt itself. I'm on chapter 9 though, and I'll admit, it's good. 

3 comments:

  1. hey there dear - i love the randomness of the blog. i'll be checking it daily so you better keep it updated ;) i've been thinking about you alot...you should call me soon. or maybe i'll call you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "LesSchwab and Tires-O-Rama = money-guzzling corporations that are out to make mega profit, with no regard to quality of service or customer value." You might as well change your voter registration from "non-affiliated" to the D word.

    ReplyDelete