Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Color Outside the Lines

Sometimes life takes a guidebook, and other times it requires you to make one. The latter often resulting in some colors outside the lines. "Life is what you make it" or "Work with what you've got..." I've been pondering these things as I once again find myself in the midst of difficult changes. Stay tuned for more details in the near future.  That's just a morsel of thought for the day. 

It took me plus 3 neighbors to get my car "un-stuck" yesterday after an hour+ of digging. I can't say that I have ever had to take a shovel to my CAR before; the sidewalk, yes, but not the car. Usually a handy little scraper and long handled brush do the job. Not here. Some advice for living  in places where it snows large amounts and often: get a garage, an SUV, and studded tires. 

I'm going to take you on a virtual tour of my apartment soon... I just want to paint first. So give me few more weeks.

This is for those of you who are struggling knowing what time zone I live in or failed geography of the Unites States (and my mom thought I was bad... she has NO idea).  And fyi, I am in the furthest possible corner of NW Montana. 

us-time-zones-map.gif



Living in a small town suits me since I don't have a GPS. There's nowhere to get lost :-). But once again, even though I have been coined as being directionally challenged, I will reference the geography comment again and say that I am not THAT bad. When I know more about the streets and locations of places than people that have lived here for a year, it's an ego booster for me. Kudos. None the less, I do feel bad for those people.

A grand experience came my way tonight. I encountered a long lost love of mine: playing BUNKO! For those unfamiliar with the game, it involves dice, a bell, a money pot, and tally sheets. My friend Kortny and I played with a bunch of 60 & 70 yr ladies and were doing all we could to control our laughter the entire time. It was great. And guess what? I won for having the amount of most losses in the night and got my $5 back that it took to enter. Score. 

1 comment:

  1. No! I forbid you to paint! That means you're planning on staying! * sniff *

    ReplyDelete