Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

2009?! Really? That is SOOOO strange.... where does time go? And when did I suddenly grow up? Thanksgiving, my birthday, Christmas, and New Years... There used to be such a build up of climax for the whole 2 months. And now it came and went without so much as a blink, not holding much significance.  But none the less, HAPPY NEW YEAR! :-) I have made no resolutions for the year except to survive; it seems best that way. Where there is no expectations there is no disappointment. That sounds depressing, so let me phrase it another way- I have goals and things that I am seeking to accomplish, but none that are specific to the start of a new year. They have been in existence for a long time... like getting caught up on organizing my digital media & scrapbooks, reading all the classics, going to graduate school, backpacking through Europe, and working in Calcutta, India... just to mention a few. 

In review, I spent Christmas Eve and Day at the Ranch with my girls... 


Going home after Christmas was good. It was nice to see my family. Even though I realized upon coming back that I had no Christmas family pictures, this one is still my favorite. My sisters, Mom, and I played old women having a tea party  practically every day per my little sister Shariena. 













I am still waiting on arrival of my new niece/nephew who was supposed to make an appearance in the year of 2008, but apparently had no interest in meeting me and "no-showed." Thanks a lot, little one. Disappointing. 

Being back in this arctic tundra has proved to already provide it's new challenges for the year. More on that later. We will just say for now that I had to get an emergency ride to work yesterday because I was experiencing the literal meaning of snowed-in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment