Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Go Back to Your Habitat

If you hunt, please come to Whitefish, Montana. If you have friends that hunt, bring them along. I personally would like to learn just so I could shoot some of the deer myself. They think they are a part of civilization around here, and possess no concept of the word danger. Not only can you practically walk right up to one and pet it, but you can be driving on the main highway and run right into one. I would know because I did it. I love nature, and I enjoy the animals that are a part of it, but not to the extent of it costing me money to repair the damages they cause. THAT is disturbing. It is also sickening to watch a maimed animal croak to its death. I do not want to repeat that experience; I try not to be paranoid, but I am... just a little. 

To complete the story, I ran into a deer (one of three) standing in the middle of the highway at 7am on Wednesday. I did see them in time to slam on my brakes despite the fog, but with a momentum from going 65mph I still ended up hitting the thing. The miraculous part is that my baby car was unharmed. Thank you, God.  I cannot even say it enough ways. Wow. Cute on the outside, sturdy and feisty on the inside - that is why I love my Mazda. And it totally fits her name, Lena, which means illustrious and feisty. She also did just fine when I had a near encounter with a mountain lion on the road this week. Which, I will say, was awesome to see! 

A message to the wildlife of Montana: if you could stay in your neck of the woods it would be much appreciated. 

This has not been my favorite of weeks by any stretch of the imagination, but when the sky does fall, it does it well. It truly is amazing how financial, personal, family, and work situations all surface with crises at the same time.  But it never ceases to amaze me that no matter how much or how awful stuff gets, it's never to much to handle. I always know I'll get through. Or more like, God will carry me through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment