Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Mold of Me

You say I am strong. You say I can do it. You say you admire me. You say I am an angel. You say I am sacrificial. You say I am selfless. You say I have a gift.
 
When really, I am just ordinary. You would do the same thing if you were me. 

In my weakness, He is strong. He is a gentle Master, but yet has to break what He cannot use in the rudimentary mold of my human nature. Those are the tears you see. But in the end, it is worth it... His strength is perfect in my weak and broken spirit.

According to the law of physics, an object is only as strong as it's weakest point. Perhaps this is why God breaks me at my most susceptible point. He does not ever give me more than I can handle. While it is true that I have been dealt some harder blows than others, He has given me the strength to endure those blows. The strength that comes from being broken at my weakest point. This must be the strength you see when you say I'm strong. When you say that out of anyone, I, of all people could do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment